Several states in the USA have made it legal to consume medical and recreational cannabis. However, cannabis product manufacturers have to abide by some packaging rules. For instance, custom child-resistant tin containers are highly important for cannabis product manufacturers. So, you must fulfill labeling and packaging requirements to avoid legal issues in the future. Let us now discuss those packaging rules for cannabis.
Your cannabis product packages should have a number of features-
· Tamper-Proof– The product would be visible only after opening the package.
· Child-Resistant– The best childproof tins are not easy to open for children below 5 years.
· Resalable– The package should be resalable if the product cannot be consumed at a time.
· Opaque– It is essential for edible CBD products.
Your manufactured items will be safe from harmful substances and risk of contamination. These finished products have to be packaged before transferring them to the distributors. Moreover, the packaging design should not be attractive to kids. Neither should they replicate the design of non-cannabis product packages.
So, you have to be thoughtful while choosing custom cannabis packaging.
Solid and Liquid Edible Cannabis Product Packaging Rules
· Edible CBD products should be properly packaged with clear labeling. Consumers have to understand that the package contains cannabis products.
· The design of the product package should not be such that it looks like a branded product for kids. For instance, there must not be an image of a cartoon character, balloon, and other similar other elements.
· You should not market cannabis gummies as ordinary candies.
· The child-resistant box should have the potential for multiple openings.
· You can choose thick plastic for liquid cannabis products. Food-grade containers are also best for holding solid items.
What Should You Display on Your Cannabis Product Labels?
· Primarily, consumers should easily be able to read the label. In most cases, the top and front sides of the package are chosen for labeling purposes. The most important things that you should display on your label-
· Generic name for an easy product identification
· Universal symbol- It signifies that the container has cannabis items. The size of the symbol is around 0.5 x 0.5”.
· Net volume or weight- The package content should be shown in both US customary units and metrics.
· Cannabis-infused- You have to show a clear description of the product package.
Other Things to Be Displayed on the Cannabis Packaging
You should reveal some other details about your products.
· The user of any allergic ingredients like soybeans and wheat.
· Artificial food colorings
· Date of packaging
· Batch number
· Expiration date
· In the case of high-THC products, you must declare that they are only for medical uses.
· Contact information
· Grams and milligrams
· Amount of sodium, fat, carbohydrate, and other ingredients and sub-ingredients
Do you now like to buy cannabis product packages? You can contact Tin King USA to purchase your cannabis product packages. It is the best childproof packaging supplier, which provides you with sturdy tin boxes. These customizable containers will fulfill your packaging requirements.